Positive Body Image Through Movement
Yoga is a pleasant and powerful way to help girls to develop a life-long, positive partnership with their bodies. Katie’s yoga classes boost confidence and promote positive body image through movement. These classes help girls ages 8-18 build strength, flexibility, and stability through yoga poses while learning breathing and medication techniques that can help reduce anxiety and stress.
Katie incorporates creative activities from the Healthy Transitions for Girls® Curriculum into each yoga class. Girls learn skills to help them to:
- Reframe negative belief systems and creates positive belief systems.
- Strengthen relationships with parents
- Use appropriate boundaries in peer relationships
- Understand and manage emotions
- Develop healthy femininity
- Increase self-esteem
- Learn coping skills
- Build communication skills
- Desire healthy eating, exercise, and other self-care practices
- Use strategies for resisting harmful media messages
- Develop values such as empathy, respect, self-control, sexual abstinence, modesty, and spirituality
Katie’s warmth and understanding of girls creates an atmosphere of safety and growth. She is a certified yoga instructor and has in-depth training in sports massage therapy and alternative health.
If you live in the Salt Lake City area and would like your child to participate in one of Katie’s life-changing classes please email Katie: firstname.lastname@example.org