“GIRL GUIDE” TRAINING PREPARES YOU TO FACILITATE HEALTHY TRANSITIONS FOR GIRLS GROUPS. BECOME AN EXPERT IN HELPING THE GIRLS YOU LOVE.
Our Girl Guide training is “hand’s on” and fun! It is open to licensed professionals (school counselors, counselors, social workers, and marriage and family therapists). It is also open to parents, mentors, and clergy.
Healthy Transitions for Girls® is a “one-stop shop.” Instead of going through multiple files and workbooks to find creative interventions, Healthy Transitions for Girls is a comprehensive resource. Instead of trying to find funding to target multiple programs for bullying, mental health concerns, violence prevention or substance abuse prevention, Healthy Transitions for Girls is an “umbrella” solution. Learn more about the Healthy Transitions for Girls curriculum here.
To certify as a Healthy Transitions for Girls ® Girl Guide, you must have 12 hours of in-person training and pass an open book, 50 question test using the Healthy Transitions for Girls Curriculum. We provide the 12-hour training in a two day workshop at our Nampa, Idaho office.
In the training you will learn:
- Why we are seeing so much anxiety and mental distress in girls and how you can help
- How to use the Healthy Transitions for Girls curriculum to resolve specific problems that arise when the girls you love experience a crisis
- Why developing positive body image in girls ages 8 to 14 is an essential prevention approach
- “Hands on” activities in each of the seven essential skill areas required for girls to develop positive body image
- How to help girls develop the essential “mind –body connection”
- How to plan and conduct engaging workshops for girls and parents
- Tips for building trust relationships with girls
- Ethical principles for planning and conducting groups for girls
You will come away from this training feeling excited and confident in helping girls ages 8 to 14. Come learn as you play! EARN 15 CEU’s or 1 PD through NNU!!!
Cost: $249 (includes 294 page activities book, 72 page workbook and art supplies).
To learn more, contact Peggy A McFarland, LPC by email or phone through her Psychology Today Listing.